Native to northern South America, this flowering plant is in the family Piperaceae. Peperomia argyeia is also referred to as Watermelon Begonia and though it is not related to either it takes its common names from striated foliage.
Pepermonia make forgiving houseplants for the novice indoor gardener; while not drought-tolerant they can tolerate an occasional missed day of watering.
- Peperomia Watermelon, potting soil, moss, plastic growers pot
- Place in bright, indirect light and avoid full sun exposure
- Water when soil becomes dry
- Maintain high humidity or mist foliage with water frequently during dry months
- Browning of leaf tips typically indicates underwatering or inadequate humidity
- Plant: USA; Pot: Imported
Plant: 8-12â "H, 8-10â " diameter
Pot: 6â " drop in