10" Heart Shape Bamboo sold in 25 bundle
Water Your Bamboo Plant
Use filtered, bottled, or rainwater for your lucky bamboo plant. This keeps the plant healthiest.
- Add fresh, clean water to your bamboo plant two or three times each week.
- It is important to keep several inches of water in the container, making sure to keep the roots of the plant wet.
- Change the water every seven to 10 days to keep your lucky bamboo in top condition.
Watering Lucky Bamboo in a Vase
If you keep your bamboo plant in a vase, keep the water levels low. The roots of a lucky bamboo plant grow wherever it contacts water.
Provide Proper Lighting
Indirect light at moderate levels is best for a lucky bamboo plant.
- Never place your plant on a sunny windowsill as the direct sunlight is too strong and the leaves will scorch.
- Preferring low light, lucky bamboo plants are even happy with artificial light from a lamp.
- If the bamboo leaves are fading to a light green color, the plant is not getting enough light.
- Insufficient light also causes slow plant growth. In many cases, the plant will not grow in height or produce any new leaves.
To remedy these problems, simply move the plant to a location with more indirect light.
Maintain an Ideal Temperature
The optimum temperature for a bamboo plant is between 65 to 90 degrees Fahrenheit. Lucky bamboo plants may not survive in temperatures below 55 degrees Fahrenheit and should never be placed in front of an air conditioner. Just as direct sunlight should be avoided, extreme heat should also be avoided. Never place your plant near a heat source such as a heating vent or wood stove.
If it's particularly dry, consider spritzing your bamboo leaves with a little distilled water occasionally to keep the environment more humid.